HAVE A COUNTERFEIT PART?
We do everything in our power to ensure you are purchasing legitimate GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco Parts.
COUNTERFEIT PARTS ARE:
- Not made in accordance with GM standards, which can lead to premature part failure, system breakdowns, or even vehicle safety events.
- Packaged and designed to intentionally mislead you, often duplicating known trademarks exactly or ever so slightly, in hopes that you, the consumer, won’t notice the slight differences.
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
- Counterfeit parts cast a shadow on ACDelco’s reputation of providing of high-quality replacement parts. Counterfeit parts may not meet the same standards as the genuine parts, which can lead to mechanical problems and systems breakdowns, or even cause safety concerns.
- Imitation parts typically don’t last as long as legitimate GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco parts, making it necessary to replace them more frequently.
HOW TO SPOT
Here are tips to help identify a counterfeit part:
- INSPECT THE PACKAGING - Always ask an installer if you can view the part packaging prior to installation. If it appears flimsy, lacks the name brand or logo or has a name that is similar to, but not the same as, those you’re used to seeing (such as AZDelco instead of ACDelco), it could be counterfeit. Counterfeiters often use colors, artwork, and fonts on their packaging that are similar to that of the genuine product.
- COMPARE PRICES. Extremely large differences in price should make you suspicious. Keep in mind that you get what you pay for; materials that lead to long product life may not be included in counterfeit parts (such as no iridium on iridium spark plugs).
- INSIST ON GENUINE PARTS. A visual inspection of the product may not be enough to distinguish genuine parts from the fakes. Always insist on GM Genuine Parts or ACDelco from GM Dealers or ACDelco Authorized Resellers.
HOW TO AVOID
Always buy products from a GM Dealer or an ACDelco Authorized Reseller. Look for the distinct mark on your GM Genuine Parts or ACDelco package as an indicator that you made a legitimate purchase from GM Genuine Parts or ACDelco.
NEW PACKAGING TO BETTER SERVE YOU
As a global enterprise, our all-new GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco packaging represents up to eight different languages to provide inclusivity to our wide variety of international consumers. These languages include Arabic, English, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish. Our packaging now includes easy-to-identify color coding and graphics, a proudly displayed OE flag on our Original Equipment parts, and a global security label that verifies that part as GM-authentic. We know that our wide portfolio of parts has a wider following, and when you need quality parts, you're speaking our language.
GM ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT
GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco Original Equipment are the true OE parts installed during production and validated by General Motors for GM vehicles. These maintenance, repair, powertrain, and collision components are designed, engineered, tested to rigorous standards, and backed by General Motors.
Formerly referred to as our “Professional” line, ACDelco Gold parts are the high-quality alternative to OE parts. These parts are manufactured to meet expectations for fit, form, and function, making them a smart choice for GM vehicles, as well as most other makes and models, including special applications. These high-quality parts are backed by General Motors.
Formerly referred to as our “Advantage” line, ACDelco Silver parts are a quality high-value option for GM vehicles, as well as most other makes and models, and are backed by General Motors.
HAVE A COUNTERFEIT PART?
If you suspect a part you have purchased is fake, or if you have information regarding counterfeit activities, please contact the GM Global Brand Protection Team by clicking the email us button.
Be sure to include as much information as possible, as well as detailed pictures of the part, packaging (including return address), invoice, and receipt. Please do not dispose of the part and other materials, as they may be requested for authentication purposes. All personal information will remain strictly confidential. You should receive a response within five business days.
WHAT ARE PATENTED PARTS?
Certain GM collision parts are protected by United States design patents. This means that unlicensed making, using, and/or selling of a protected part could constitute an infringement of a GM design patent. It’s important to know this because the use of non-OEM parts on newer Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac vehicles could constitute an infringement of a GM design patent. When in doubt, always insist on Genuine GM Parts.
OUR PARTS A-Z
Find the right GM Genuine Parts or ACDelco parts for your vehicle from our extensive product offerings.