GOLD (PROFESSIONAL) HEAVY DUTY AGM 24 MONTH BATTERY
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Durable design protects against the worst enemy of a truck battery – road vibration (compared to standard flooded batteries)
- Calcium alloy is optimized to produce a fine grain, corrosion-resistant grid, maximize cycle life and minimizes water consumption for battery durability
- Robust envelope separators are designed with a puncture-resistant back web with a rib design to optimize acid circulation and provide low resistance, which allows the battery to remain cooler to help with battery life
- Vent caps are designed to resist acid leakage
- Precision manufacturing: 100 percent pressure tested to help avoid future leaks and for added strength and rigidity, 100 percent electrical short tested
- Some ACDelco Gold parts may have formerly appeared as ACDelco Professional
ACDelco Gold (Professional) Heavy Duty AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) Batteries are the perfect fit for your heavy cycle applications. Spill-proof Absorbed Glass Mat design protects against acid leakage and allows for flexible placement of the battery. ACDelco Gold (Professional) Heavy Duty AGM Batteries have a very high tolerance for repeated deep cycles, withstanding the ill effects of multiple discharges. ACDelco offers both stud and dual terminal products to meet all your application needs. Some ACDelco Gold parts may have formerly appeared as ACDelco Professional.
ACDelco Gold (Professional) Heavy Duty AGM 24 Month Batteries have a 24 month limited warranty period.
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Discharged batteries that can be recharged and returned to service.
- Cost of recharging or for use of rental batteries or vehicles.
- Labor cost for battery removal and installation.
- Batteries damaged due to charging system failure, negligence, accident, improper installation, or freezing.
- Loss of time, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use, or other incidental consequential damages.
- New batteries should be given a full charge before use.
- For best battery life, batteries should not be discharged below 80% of their rated capacity. Proper battery sizing will avoid excessive battery discharge.
- Recharge battery at every opportunity, bring back to full charge at earliest opportunity.
- Inactivity can be extremely harmful to all lead acid batteries. ACDelco recommends the following for seasonal use:
- Completely charge the battery before storing.
- Remove all electrical connections, including series/parallel connectors.
- Store in a cool (not below freezing) place.
- When not in use, boost every two months.
- Check the battery as part of regular vehicle maintenance.
- Keep battery terminals clean and free of corrosion.
- To remove corrosion from terminals use a terminal brush.
- Check the alternator and make sure that it is not charging too high or low. If the alternator is not charging properly it will cause the battery to not charge correctly and cause deterioration.
- Avoid exposing the battery to extreme heat whenever possible.
- Turn off other electrical accessories (stereos, internal lights, etc.) as soon as they are no longer required to save electrical energy.
- A battery not in use tends to run down and create sulfate deposits. After your battery has been filled and charged, it is essential that you keep it adequately charged either by running the vehicle, or by using an independent battery charger.
Fully charged ACDelco Batteries (OCV is >12.5) should be stored in an upright position at temperatures between 32°F and 70°F. When a battery is stored, a very slow chemical reaction takes place between the plate materials and the electrolyte, causing a slow discharge. This reaction, called a self-discharge, occurs more rapidly at higher temperatures. Therefore, it is not recommended to store next to a furnace or other heat source. If an ACDelco Battery is completely discharged, the electrolyte will freeze when stored below 30°F. To prevent electrolyte freezing and battery damage, do not store ACDelco Batteries below 30°F if their OCV is less than 12.5 volts. Check battery every 2 months and maintain a voltage of 12.4 volts or higher.