SILVER (ADVANTAGE) HEAVY DUTY FLOODED MAINTENANCE FREE 18 MONTH BATTERY
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Both stud and post terminal offerings available
- Strong internal fusion weld to help with battery life
- ACDelco negative paste helps resist flaking to maximize overall performance and life
- Calcium Alloy maximizes cycle life and performance, and minimizes water consumption
- Durable envelope separator that maximizes acid circulation and resist punctures, helping with battery life
- Permanently sealed cover protects against leaks and provides maintenance free performance without having to add water
- Some ACDelco Silver parts may have formerly appeared as ACDelco Advantage
ACDelco Silver (Advantage) Heavy Duty Flooded Maintenance Free 18 Month Batteries fit your specific heavy duty needs. These batteries have a Calcium-Calcium plate construction to help resist vibration, shock, and heat. ACDelco 4D and 8D Silver (Advantage) Heavy Duty Flooded Maintenance Free 18 Month Batteries offer reliable ACDelco quality at an economical price. ACDelco Silver (Advantage) Group 31 Heavy Duty Flooded Sealed Maintenance Free 18 Month Batteries have a hassle-free design and reliable ACDelco quality at a value price. These Group 31 batteries have the same Calcium-Calcium plate technology used on ACDelco automotive products and plates designed to withstand longer running applications. These batteries have center line terminals which allow for the greatest installation versatility. Permanently sealed covers and specially designed grid offer excellent vibration resistance.
ACDelco Silver (Advantage) Heavy Duty Flooded Maintenance Free 18 Month Batteries have an 18 month limited warranty period.
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Discharged batteries that can be recharged and returned to service.
- Cost of recharging or for use of rental batteries or vehicles.
- Labor cost for battery removal and installation.
- Batteries damaged due to charging system failure, negligence, accident, improper installation, or freezing.
- Loss of time, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use, or other incidental consequential damages.
- New batteries should be given a full charge before use.
- For best battery life, batteries should not be discharged below 80% of their rated capacity. Proper battery sizing will avoid excessive battery discharge.
- Recharge battery at every opportunity, bring back to full charge at earliest opportunity.
- Inactivity can be extremely harmful to all lead acid batteries. ACDelco recommends the following for seasonal use:
- Completely charge the battery before storing.
- Remove all electrical connections, including series/parallel connectors.
- Store in a cool (not below freezing) place.
- When not in use, boost every two months.
- Check the battery as part of regular vehicle maintenance.
- Keep battery terminals clean and free of corrosion.
- To remove corrosion from terminals, use a terminal brush.
- Check the alternator and make sure that it is not charging too high or low. If the alternator is not charging properly it will cause the battery to not charge correctly and cause deterioration.
- Avoid exposing the battery to extreme heat whenever possible.
- Turn off other electrical accessories (stereos, internal lights, etc.) as soon as they are no longer required to save electrical energy.
- A battery not in use tends to run down and create sulfate deposits. After your battery has been filled and charged, it is essential that you keep it adequately charged either by running the vehicle, or by using an independent battery charger.
Fully charged ACDelco Batteries (OCV is ≥12.7) should be stored in an upright position at temperatures between 32°F and 70°F. When a battery is stored, a very slow chemical reaction takes place between the plate materials and the electrolyte, causing a slow discharge. This reaction, called a self-discharge, occurs more rapidly at higher temperatures. Therefore, it is not recommended to store next to a furnace or other heat source. If an ACDelco Battery is completely discharged, the electrolyte will freeze when stored below 30°F. To prevent electrolyte freezing and battery damage, do not store ACDelco Batteries below 30°F if their OCV is less than 12.5volts.