GOLD (PROFESSIONAL) BONDED BRAKE SHOES
ACDelco Gold (Professional) Bonded Brake Shoes are a high quality replacement ideal for many vehicles on the road today. These bonded brakes deliver a high shear strength while helping with noise and vibration levels. These premium aftermarket replacement bonded brake shoes are manufactured to meet your expectations for fit, form, and function. Some ACDelco Gold parts may have formerly appeared as ACDelco Professional.
24 Month/Unlimited Mile Limited Warranty*: Our most common Parts Warranty offers coverage on the majority of our GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco service replacement parts. Effective on parts purchased April 1, 2018 and later to the original retail purchaser. Contact seller for limited warranty part details, qualifications, and possible labor coverage.
Learn more about our warranties: https://www.acdelco.com/parts/warranties
Do I have to replace all my brake parts when replacing my brake shoes?
No, you may not have to, but it is a good idea to inspect them for wear-out, cracking, leaking etc.
Does GM offer other grades of brake shoes?
Yes, GM also offers GM Genuine Parts OE Brake Shoes and ACDelco Silver (Advantage) Brake Shoes.
Do I have to replace my brake shoes after a certain amount of time?
No, you may not have to, but while it is a good idea to inspect your brake shoes at each tire rotation,
The following inspections and maintenance procedures can help prevent potential brake problems:
- Check brake fluid level at every oil change. Replace fluid according to owner's manual recommendations.
- Calipers and wheel cylinders should be checked every brake inspection and serviced or replaced as required.
- Inspect the brake lines for rust, punctures or visible leaks (You may be able to do this, but consult a qualified technician if necessary).
- Check the thickness of your brake pads.
The following should be conducted by a qualified technician:
- Inspection of the brake hoses for brittleness or cracking.
- Inspection of brake lining and pads for wear or contamination by brake fluid or grease.
- Inspection of wheel bearings and grease seals.
- Parking brake adjustments (as needed).