GOLD (PROFESSIONAL) REMANUFACTURED COATED BRAKE CALIPERS
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Pressure tested to help with safe and confident braking
- Pre-lubrication of critical areas prevents binding
- Meets 72-hour salt spray corrosion resistance per ASTM B117 testing standards
- Developed without attached brake pads for customization
- Zinc plated coating helps prevent rust
- Some ACDelco Gold parts may have formerly appeared as ACDelco Professional
ACDelco Gold (Professional) Remanufactured Friction Ready Coated Disc Brake Calipers use iron castings, making them a high quality replacement ideal for many vehicles on the road today. Remanufacturing disc brake calipers is an automotive industry practice that involves disassembly of existing units, and replacing components that are most prone to wear with new components. Damaged and obsolete parts are replaced and are end of line tested to help ensure they perform to ACDelco specifications. In addition, remanufacturing returns components back into service rather than processing as scrap or simply disposing of them. ACDelco Gold (Professional) Remanufactured Friction Ready Coated Disc Brake Calipers are developed without attached brake pads, allowing customization for the application at hand, and all necessary hardware is included for easy installation. These disc brake calipers will provide the same performance, durability, and service life you expect from ACDelco. Some ACDelco Gold parts may have formerly appeared as ACDelco Professional.
24 Month/Unlimited Mile Limited Warranty*: Our most common Parts Warranty offers coverage on the majority of our GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco service replacement parts. Effective on parts purchased April 1, 2018 and later to the original retail purchaser. Contact seller for limited warranty part details, qualifications, and possible labor coverage.
Learn more about our warranties: https://www.acdelco.com/parts/warranties
Do I have to replace all my brake parts when replacing my disc brake calipers?
No, you may not have to, but it is a good idea to inspect them for wear-out, cracking, leaking etc.
Does GM offer other grades of disc brake calipers?
Yes, GM also offers GM Genuine Parts OE Disc Brake Calipers and ACDelco Gold (Professional) Brake Calipers.
Do I have to replace my disc brake calipers after a certain amount of time?
No, you may not have to, but it is a good idea to inspect them at every tire rotation.
The following inspections and maintenance procedures can help prevent potential brake problems:
- Check brake fluid level at every oil change. Replace fluid according to owner’s manual recommendations.
- Calipers and wheel cylinders should be checked every brake inspection and serviced or replaced as required.
- Inspect the brake lines for rust, punctures, or visible leaks (You may be able to do this, but consult a qualified technician if necessary).
- Check the thickness of your brake pads.
The following should be conducted by a qualified technician:
- Inspection of the brake hoses for brittleness, cracking, or bulging.
- Inspection of brake lining and pads for wear or contamination by brake fluid or grease.
- Inspection of wheel bearings and grease seals.
- Parking brake adjustments (as needed).