SILVER (ADVANTAGE) BONDED BRAKE SHOES
ACDelco Silver (Advantage) Bonded Brake Shoes are high-quality replacements for worn factory shoes. Some ACDelco Silver parts may have formerly appeared as ACDelco Advantage.
12 Month/Unlimited Mile Limited Warranty*: ACDelco offers a 12 month/Unlimited mile limited warranty on Silver (Advantage) Bonded Brake Shoes. Effective on parts purchased April 1, 2018 and later to the original retail purchaser. Contact seller for limited warranty part details, qualifications, and possible labor coverage.
Learn more about our warranties: https://www.acdelco.com/parts/warranties
Do I have to replace my brake shoes after a certain amount of time?
No, you may not have to. But while it is a good idea to inspect your brake shoes at each tire rotation
Do I need to check my brake fluid when replacing other brake parts?
Yes, it is a good idea to inspect your brake fluid often.
Do I have to replace all my brake parts when replacing my brake shoes?
No, you may not have to, but it is a good idea to inspect them for wear-out, cracking, leaking etc.
The following inspections and maintenance procedures can help prevent potential brake problems:
- Check brake fluid level at every oil change. Replace fluid according to owner's manual recommendations.
- Calipers and wheel cylinders should be checked every brake inspection and serviced or replaced as required.
- Inspect the brake lines for rust, punctures or visible leaks (You may be able to do this, but consult a qualified technician if necessary).
The following should be conducted by a qualified technician:
- Inspection of the brake hoses for brittleness or cracking.
- Inspection of brake lining and pads for wear or contamination by brake fluid or grease.
- Inspection of wheel bearings and grease seals.
- Parking brake adjustments (as needed).