GOLD DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Meets GM OE specifications to be approved for use in GM vehicles as well as in non- GM diesel vehicles that have an SCR system to meet regulated NOx emissions
- High quality formula is made from high purity urea and deionized water. It contains no chemical additives or other components that could cause SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) system failure
- Includes a vented nozzle with 1 gallon and 2.5 gallon packages that makes pouring easy by helping to prevent glugging
Specifically designed for diesel engines, ACDelco Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) is an aldehyde free, NOx (Nitrous Oxide) reducing treatment. ACDelco Diesel Exhaust Fluid is the stable, colorless, non-flammable, non-toxic primary component used to help convert NOx, an environmental pollutant, into harmless nitrogen and water. ACDelco Diesel Exhaust Fluid is a mixture of 32.5% high purity synthetic urea and 67.5% deionized water. Classified as minimum risk for transportation, ACDelco Diesel Exhaust Fluid meets the stringent ISO 22241 standard for purity and concentration, meets API regulations, and meets or exceeds GM OE specifications.
Can NOx harm the environment?
Yes, nitrous oxides (NOx) are byproducts of combustion that can lead to the generation of atmospheric smog when in high enough concentrations.
Is it required by law to use diesel exhaust fluid with my diesel engine?
No, though diesel exhaust fluid is currently one of the most popular methods for controlling diesel exhaust pollutants. Diesel exhaust fluid must be used for those vehicles that are manufactured with Selective Catalytic Reduction technology.
Do I mix diesel exhaust fluid with my engine oil or other engine components?
No, diesel exhaust fluid must never be mixed with any other fluid. It must never be diluted with water.
Is there a way to check if ACDelco Diesel Exhaust Fluid is recommended for my vehicle?
Yes. Though ACDelco DEF meets all OEM quality standards for vehicles using Selective Catalytic Reduction technology, check your owner's manual to confirm that you require DEF for your vehicle.
Do I need to change my diesel exhaust fluid?
No, diesel exhaust fluid is never changed, it is burned just like diesel fuel. The DEF tank will need to be refilled at approximately the same frequency as an oil change.
Do all diesel engines require the same amount of DEF?
No, Diesel exhaust fluid usage varies by driving style, fuel mileage and miles driven. Be prepared to refill the tank when the 1000 mile warning is displayed.
- Fill DEF in designated DEF Tank
- Keep DEF dispense equipment clean, and free from dust or dirt
- Use only dedicated DEF equipment when handling/dispensing DEF
- Do not fill DEF into diesel fuel tank
- Do not fill diesel fuel into DEF tank
- Do not add water to DEF
- Store below 68 degrees Fahrenheit/20 degrees Celsius, protect against direct sunlight, use or store only as directed
- Rinse or wipe away any DEF that spills on vehicle components