GM GENUINE PARTS OE LIGHT DUTY STARTERS
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 100% newly manufactured as an exact replacement for your GM vehicle’s original starter
- Components are tested to meet original specification requirements for durability
- GM-recommended replacement part for your GM vehicle’s original factory component
- Offering the quality, reliability, and durability of GM OE
- Designed, engineered, and tested to rigorous standards, and are backed by General Motors
GM Genuine Parts Original Equipment Light Duty Starters have components that are newly manufactured and are GM-recommended replacement for your vehicle’s original starter. These original equipment starters have been manufactured to fit your GM vehicle, providing the same performance, durability, and service life you expect from General Motors. Some GM Genuine Parts may have formerly appeared as ACDelco Original Equipment (OE).
24 Month/Unlimited Mile Limited Warranty*: Our most common Parts Warranty offers coverage on the majority of our GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco service replacement parts. Effective on parts purchased April 1, 2018 and later to the original retail purchaser. Contact seller for limited warranty part details, qualifications, and possible labor coverage.
Learn more about our warranties: https://www.acdelco.com/parts/warranties
Is the solenoid included?
Yes. It is included where the design of the starter requires a solenoid.
Is the unit designed to operate in a range of hot and cold temperatures?
Yes. This starter is designed to withstand a wide range of temperatures.
Do I always need a starter shim?
No, not always. However a shim may be required at the starter’s mounting surface to align the starter, so the starter drive can make appropriate contact with the flywheel. Consult a technician to determine if your starter requires a shim.
- Check electrical connections, making sure they are kept clean.
- Make sure all connections to the battery are firmly attached and in good condition.
- Keeping all connections clean and tight can help make sure your starter will crank with full power.
- It is very important to try and keep the starter area clean from leaking car fluids or any other debris that may be near it.